Matrix- Spread the Love!

Monday, September 10, 2012

One of the things I love most about being a part of the beauty industry is that there is truly an endless amount of opportunities available to you, aside from regular employment. There are always shows, and demonstrations and conventions and contests. It really makes me feel confident in choosing this industry to pursue a career in.

Recently, I entered the Matrix- Spread the Love 2013 competition. Six recent cosmetology school graduates will be chosen to travel around the U.S., all expenses paid, visting schools, salons, events and learning and experiencing all they can. It really would be an opportunity of a life time. To top it all off, one of the qualifications is that you must be a blogger! Well gee golly, I do believe I fit that category. So, basically what I am saying is that this competition was made for me :)



Today, I received an email notifying me that I have made it to the Semi-Finals! I have to admit, even though from the beginning I have been excited about the idea of winning, I shocked myself a little with how happy I became when I got the news. I know there is still quite a process before I find out if I won, but at this point, I really am just glad I am a part of it.

This contest is social media driven so you may be seeing quite a bit more about it here on the ol' blog. I am excited to move forward with the process and I will keep you updated!
A big shout out to all my family and friends and my awesome classmates who encouraged me to be a part of it and made me feel confident about my ability to do it. And I am excited to say that a handful of those special classmates have made the semi-finals along with me! Love you guys!

If you are interested to take a look, here is my video entry...






1 comments:

Kara said...

OH MY GOD, THAT IS THE CUTEST THING OF ALL TIME. I literally teared up watching it haha!

Post a Comment

 

mrs.b.kim Designed by Liven Design